The Environment, Health and Safety department is under the remit of the Quality, Safety and Risk Management division of Tallaght Hospital.
The purpose of the department is to promote a positive health and safety culture in the hospital by:
- Advising senior management with regard to compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Engaging with staff to ensure their participation in the health and safety programme for the hospital.
- Developing and issuing policies on safety matters within the hospital.
- Auditing individual departments to ensure compliance with policies and legislation.
- Investigating accidents and near misses throughout the hospital.
- Liaising with statutory authorities on behalf of the hospital i.e. HSA and reporting as required to same.
- Running a comprehensive in house health and safety training programme.
- Liaising with emergency services with regard to fire.
Health and Safety Authority (HSA): http://www.hsa.ie/eng
Radiological Protection Institute of Ireland (RPII): http://www.epa.ie/#&panel1-2
National Irish Safety Organisation (NISO): http://niso.ie
Irish Society Chartered Physiotherapists: http://www.iscp.ie
National Disability Authority: http://nda.ie
Road Safety Authority: http://www.rsa.ie
Health and Safety Executive: http://www.hse.gov.uk
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH): http://www.iosh.co.uk
European Agency for Safety and Health at Work: https://osha.europa.eu
European Commission Health and Safety at Work: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=148
The European Network of Safety and Health Professional Organisations: http://www.enshpo.eu/home
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): https://www.osha.gov
International Labour Office: http://www.ilo.org/global/about-the-ilo/who-we-are/international-labour-office/lang--en/index.htm
World Health Organisation: http://www.who.int/en
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): http://www.cdc.gov