Children's GP Liaison Office Opening Hours
- The office is open between 9:30am hrs until 1:30pm Monday to Friday.
- The direct line is 01 414 2396
- The fax number is 01 414 3890
Useful Direct line phone numbers
- Children's OPD Appointment 01 414 2409
- Please refer Elective Orthopaedics for example "Congenital Displasia of the Hip" to Our Lady's Children's Hospital Crumlin.(OLCHC)
- Please Note that requests for elective ECG's should be referred to OLCHC 01 409 6466
- Children's EEG's in Tallaght 01 414 3025
GP LIAISON SERVICE IN CHILDREN'S EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
- The GP liaison nurse in the Children’s Emergency Department is Ms Pauline Deacy.
- The objective of this service is to improve patient care through effective communication between the children’s emergency department and the General Practitioner and other community services.
- The GP can contact the GP Liaison nurse to access information such as test results and radiology reports. Assistance with queries is also available.
- The GP Liaison nurse can also offer guidance with regard to the appropriate referral process required for a patient.
- The GP Liaison nurse will keep the GP up- to- date with regard to the patients’ condition and follow-up needs.
GP REFERRAL LETTER
- Please type the letter if possible.
- Please ensure patient contact details such as name , address, phone number and date of birth are legible.
- Enclose your fax number if you wish a discharge summary to be sent by return fax.
Triage Process for GP referrals to the children’s emergency department
- Please ring ahead on 01 414 3558 if you are concerned about a patient or need advice.
- Children referred by a GP will undergo exactly the same triage process as a child attending without a GP letter..
- Children will be seen first by a triage nurse, they are then allocated a category based on the child’s condition and will be reviewed sooner if their condition changes.
Referral process to Children's OPD
Paediatric Outpatients Appointments Tel: 01 414 2409/414 2410 Fax 01 414 3046 between the hours of 09.30am -12pm and 2pm-4pm
Private Appointments Tel: 01 414 2183
X-ray Appointments only Tel: 01 414 3762
Phlebotomy appointments for children is available by appointment only - appointments must be booked online, appointments are available on Monday -Thursday 8.00-4pm (closed for lunch 12.30-1.30 Approx) Friday Mornings Only 8am-12pm
|Dr. David Coghlan||Rapid Access Clinic/ General Medicine / Early Childhood Developmental||Triona McGlynn Bleep 2476||Tel: 01 414 2410|
|Dr. Rosemary Manning||General Medicine / Headaches||Deirdre O'Shea Bleep 2955||Tel: 01 414 2410|
|Dr. Peter Greally||Respiratory /Allergy/ General Medicine/ Sleep Studies/ Cystic Fibrosis||Mary McDonald Bleep 7302||TEL: 01 414 2410|
|Dr. Basil El Nazir||Respiratory/ General Medicine / Allergy/ Cystic Fibrosis||Mary Mc Donald Bleep 7302||TEL: 01 414 2410 /414 2996|
|Dr. Shoana Quinn||Gastroenterology / General Medicine|| ||TEL: 01 414 2410|
|Dr. Ann Marie Broderick||Gastroenterology|| ||TEL: 01 414 2410|
|Mr. Sami Awadalla||Surgery||Orla Cummins Bleep 7309||TEL: 01 414 2410|
|Mr.. Brian Sweeney||Surgery||Orla Cummins Bleep 7309||TEL: 01 414 2410|
|Mr. Sri Paran||Surgery/ Urology/ Enuresis||Orla Cummins Bleep 7309||TEL: 01 414 2410|
|Dr. Edna Roche||Endocrinology||Jacqueline Lyons Bleep 7303||Tel: 01 414 2181|
|Dr. Ciara Mc Donnell||Diabetes Mellitus||Adrienne Brennan Bleep 7301||TEL: 01 414 4110|
|Dr. Emma Curtis / Dr. Joanne Balfe||Child Development / General Medicine /Speech Delay/Intellectual Disability/ Autism||Stephanie Kelly Bleep 2615||TEL: 01 414 4823|
|Dr. Denise Mc Donald||General Medicine/ Neurodisability (Motor Delay/ Physical Disability||Stephanie Kelly Bleep 2615||TEL: 01 414 2671|
|Mr. Don Mc Shane / Mr. Brendan Conlon/ Mr. John Kinsella||ENT||Sharon Wallace Bleep 3007||TEL: 01 414 2410|
|Conor English||Plaster Nurse||Bleep 2354||TEL: 01 414 4791|
|Dr. David Webb||Neurology||Ann Connolly ANP Bleep 2625||TEL: 01 414 2410|
|Dr. Ciara Farrell||Child Adolescent Mental Health||Caroline McGrath Bleep 1154||Tel: 01 414 4802|
|Dr Aideen Byrne||Allergy||Fionnuala Heraghty Bleep 7101||Tel:: 01 414 2410|
|Sharon Moran||GP Liaison||Bleep 7253||Tel: 01 414 2396 / 087 985 7027|
|Ger Leen||Cystic Fibrosis Nurse||Bleep 7300||Tel: 01 414 2824 |
|Deirdre O'Shea||Children's Pain Nurse||Bleep 2955||Tel: 01 414 2338 |
Patient Information leaflets are available to download. We recommend that the GP/practice nurse/public health nurse discuss the leaflet and its contents with the parent/guardian prior to its distribution.
Please set your printer to short edge duplex and double sided if you want to print the leaflet on a single A4 page.
Please click here to access patient advice leaflets.