How to Find Us
The Rowan Unit is on the ground floor of Tallaght Hospital, enter through the main atrium and turn left after the lifts. Walk to the very end of the corridor and turn right under the skylight.
The Department of Psychiatry is a HSE-run facility in Tallaght Hospital that provides around the clock scheduled and emergency psychiatric services for a catchment of 262,000, including Tallaght, Ballyfermot, Clondalkin and Crumlin. The Rowan Unit is for Male patients.
Pastoral Care Services are available for patients. Nursing Staff will arrange for a member of the Pastoral Care Team to visit a patient if required.
Visitors are regarded as an important part of the patient's day and are very welcome at Tallaght Hospital. Please note Patient safety is our number one priority. We have strict policies on infection prevention and control which apply to everyone: staff, patients and visitors. We would ask all visitors observe the following:
- Only two visitors permitted to visit at any one time
- The Hospital is a no smoking hospital this includes the use of electronic smoking devices
- To avoid bringing infection into the ward, visitors are asked not to visit if they're suffering from colds, flu or infections
- If you are bringing food into patients, please check with the staff in charge - this is to decrease the risk of food contamination and patients may also be on a restricted diet
- Use visitor toilets rather than patient toilets this reduces the risk of cross-infection
- Please dispose of any litter properly, help us to keep our communal areas and entrances clean. This includes lifts and stairwells
- Please note that for infection control reasons flowers or plants are not permitted
- Please note that visiting during mealtimes is forbidden. This enables patients’ to eat and enjoy their meals uninterrupted, an essential requirement for good nutrition so our patients can recover more quickly. The only exception to this is if you are a carer providing assistance with a patient’s mealtime
- Never bring alcohol or drugs to patients
We advise all patients not to bring valuables with you during an admission i.e. cash or jewellery. The Hospital is not responsible for patients’ valuables, if kept by the patient. If you do happen to carry cash or items of value with you, there is a patient safe on ward which your nurse can lodge things in.